Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cleaning Your Table Linens -- Quick Tips

The day is almost gone and now its time to clean up! Don't forget those table linens. I always take all of my napkins and the tablecloth and make sure I've started the cleaning process before I go to bed. I fill my tub with cold water and a little Joy dishwashing liquid (any dishwashing liquid without bleach will do). After I have several inches of water in the tub, I add the tablecloth and napkins and leave them to soak overnight. This process seems to lift out grease stains from the linens and acts as a pre-soak. Let the water out and either let the linens dry in the tub or take them to the washing machine. (I let mine dry first because its easier to spot "stains"). Then, I pretreat any remaining stains with a product called Linen Wash, let stand for an hour or two and then wash the linens in the washing machine on gentle with more Linen Wash. Linen wash is a product that is specifically formulated for both table and bedding stains and is colorfast and can be bought at The Linen Gallery. Using Grandma's fragile and beautiful tablecloth???? If you're afraid to wash it yourself, bring it to The Linen Gallery by 2:00 on Friday and we will send it to Blanc Plume in Kansas City for professional laundering and pressing -- all they do is table and bed linens so they do them right!

No comments:

Post a Comment