Sunday, November 15, 2009

Winter's Chill is Upon Us!






Today is gray and that damp winter like chill is in the air!!!! And its probably a lot more places than just Nebraska. These are the days when I start to pull out all my special things that keep me warm all winter long. When I'm just sitting around and I can feel the chill in the air, I love my Scandia Down "Puff" -- which is my personal lap comforter that rolls up into its own pillow. In less than a minute, I am toasty and warm all over. I recommend you put this on your Christmas Wish List!

When it comes to winter sheets, I am all over my 13 year old set of SDH Purists' damask weave sheets and duvet cover. They are soft and warm to the touch and cozy like a flannel, but thinner and more sensuous. Although they seemed extravagant at the time, they definitely come out near the top on a cost-per-use basis. And I have to take them off, wash them and put them right back on once a week becaue I can't get through the winter without them.

And my regular weight Scandia Down Versaille comforter comes out of storage and the summer weight goes in!

My pajamas are Legna from SDH and I switch out from a light summer sheeting weight robe to a nice thirsty thick terry robe (mine is a rather ancient Anichini) that keeps me warm.
Right now the tip of my nose is cold and I'm hunkering down for the night. What sounds good to me is some good, old fashioned comfort food and a glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment