Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After Christmas!


Yes -- if you live in the midwest, you get weather. Four true seasons a year and usually, a little bit of the best and the worst that each season brings. But this year, we are really getting hit! We started with rain on Tuesday, changing to sleet overnight and then the snow started Christmas Eve! Just as they predicted, it came fast and furious -- almost all the churches canceled both Christmas Eve and Day services -- and family and friends stayed snuggled inside. And then more snow and winds! Drifts everywhere -- those without four wheel drive we're just flat out stuck. Not that there was anywhere to go -- most everything is closed. It's still snowing today (Saturday) and we may get another inch or so. The city is trying to hall away the snow, but there's no where left to dump it.


My yard is covered-- just about two feet deep in the backyard as the patio furniture continues to disappear. My juniper bushes (10 feet high all along the back of my yard) have drifts up and over them. Special thanks to my lawn guy, who dug out my driveway yesterday with a big snow plow -- I never would have been able to get back in my garage without you! PS -- Don't forget to come do the sidewalk and steps in front, which are drifted four foot high!

Merry White Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment