Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day Five: The Day of Enlightenment


Woke up extra early today and decided I needed to walk the beach -- a task I had yet to do. The boats pictured come into the bay and moor -- but have to stay outside the area of the resort. There is an abandoned resort (right after the scarecrow) that we could probably lease from the Barbuda government --any investors???? On the return trip, I ran into someone else out for a morning stroll and we had a great conversation on the way back.
Joann and I played tennis -- but it was really hot at 10:30 am so we didn't last too long. We had a big group photo at noon and then it was time for lunch again (it seems like all we do is eat!). Unfortunately, I had a little wine for lunch and I went back to my room for a fifteen minute nap and woke up 2 hours later. Missed all but one hand of bridge!

Then I began to paint my starfish -- on canvas this time and I'll finish tomorrow morning bright and early (has to have time to dry). Followed with a set of doubles and then cocktails on the beach. As a thank you to Joann and Carmen for organizing this wonderful trip, it was announced that a fund for women's health would be established on the island.

And then there was our assigned reading -- The Happiness Project. Interesting book (if I ever finish it).

And-- as with any trip with 35 people, there are only two degrees of separation. Pictures me is Karen Mandy from Rye, NY, who's daughter is friends with the only people I know outside Manhattan -- Sharon and Greg Hawkins. Sometimes I'm amazed! (She's also one of the few volunteers who said I could put them on the blog! Thanks Karen!).

At dinner, we celebrated Joann's 50th -- and sang two songs written specifically for her. Followed by dinner and a good night's sleep! We de camp at 11:00 on Friday! And will miss this paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment