Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day Two: Doing It All


Today was the first full day of activities at Coco Beach. The morning started off bright and early with a stretching class lead by Renee -- who is one of our two resident triathletes! Did I attend -- no, but there's always tomorrow! Exercise class was followed by beach time --which included a major 3 mile shoreline walk. I choose to go out for a swim beyond the rafts with Renee as my protector (against age and cramps)! We swam the entire length of the resort and were on the lookout for little shelfs of reef holding starfish and other pretty fish! Haven't swam that much in a long time! Ended up at the beach equipment shack and got some fins for my feet to help me get back a lot faster.

This was followed by lunch -- french onion soup (love my cheese) and a ceasar salad with grilled shrimp and soft shell crab. It was delicious! The afternoon brought bridge lessons -- there were 4 beginner tables and two advanced tables. Got bumped up from beginner to advanced where I sorta held my own for four games -- I must have learned something from Irene. But I'll probably go back to the beginner tables once they catch up with me!For those not inclined towards bridge, there are art lessons from Anne Harris -- our muralist from New York and a good fiend of Joann's. I promised myself I'd do art on Tuesday!
as 5-6, followed by cocktails on the beach. Following dinner, we had a good old fashioned sin along -- led by Bob, one of the three lone mails stuck here with all of us.


Nighttime sleep was interrupted -- 3:30 or so, by this noise outside my screen door. After 45 mins of not being able to go back to sleep, I finally got up and turned the lights on to go look outside. Couldn't see anything, but heard a noise that was "up". Low and behold, a large crab had crawled up my screen door and gotten stuck in the frame. I opened and shut the screen and he came crashing down. After turning him over with the umbrella, he started to crawl away, got hung up in my Tory Burch thong and started to drag it off! Had to rescue my thong! Alas, I'm not sure he survived the fall, as he seemed to be nestled in the sand out side my room this morning. Will turn him over to Ann, who will make the cook clean him and will use him for art class!

This morning we were suppose to play tennis, but its pouring down rain. Hope it clears in time for snorkeling at 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment